How to Register for COVID-19 Vaccine in India through online at www.cowin.gov.in
The Government of India has started the registration for COVID-19 vaccine through its official website www.cowin.gov.in. The registration process is started in India in the Month of January-2021. After introducing the vaccine in India by the Government, the officials planned a system of vaccination to the citizen of India in age sequence manner.
The Government has divided the Citizens in 3 age groups
- Above 60 years
- Age between 45 and 60
- Age between 18 and 45
The Government of India has priority age groups who shall be vaccinated on priority as they are at high risk Based on the potential availability of vaccine.
The vaccination process in India started on 16th January 2021. the front line workers, the group of head department employees will be given vaccine. The second group to be vaccinated over the age of 60.
Details of vaccination process as per the age groups
- Above 60 Age – from 1st January 2021
- Age between 45 and 60 – from 1st March 2021
- Age between 18 and 45 – from 1st May 2021
Types of Vaccines available in India
- Covaxin – manufactured and marked by Bharat Biotech Limited
- Covishield – manufactured and marked by Serum Institute of India
Dosses and Duration of the Vaccine
The citizen of India who register in cowin.gov.in website shall be vaccinated in the choice of their Health Centers as requested in online. The citizen can book a slot for the vaccine.
Vaccine is supplied in Two Dosses. The gap duration between the two dosses should be 28 days.
The citizen shall again book a slot for the 2nd dose and get 2nd dosage.
Which COVID-19 vaccines are licensed in India?
Two vaccines that have been granted emergency use authorization by the Central Drugs Standard Control Organization (CDSCO) in India are Covishield® (AstraZeneca’s vaccine manufactured by Serum Institute of India) and Covaxin® (manufactured by Bharat Biotech Limited).
How to Register to get COVID-19 Vaccine
1) Open the official website https://selfregistration.cowin.gov.in
2) Enter your 10 digit mobile number
3) Click on Get OTP.
4) OTP will be received in your mobile.
5) Enter the OTP adn click on validate.
in Next screen the below options will be shown
6) Select one of the ID Proof given below
b) Driving License
c) PAN Card
e) Pension Passbook
7) Next Enter the Number of selected ID proof
8) Enter Name as per the Selected ID Proof
9) Select Gender
10) Enter Year of Birth in the format YYYY
11) Click on Register to get slot